Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LIPO low voltage alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

samtheboxer

I need some help with a LIPO low voltage alarm. I need a circuit that notifies me via flashing LEDS or piezo alarm when the voltage of a 3 cell lipo battery reaches less that 9-10 volts. Ideally i would like it to fire when the cells hit 3.2v or a total of 9.6v.

my plan is to get it working, then use it with a PIC to do something fancier (im not sure what yet!) so for now, ill focus on just the basic alarm.

I dont quite understand how a circuit like this would work, i would like to know so maybe i can build it and get it working then figure it out.

Thanks

hi,
This device is designed for battery voltage monitoring.

Last edited:
thanks!

Every time i prepare myself for a lengthy study session and complex circuit, someone points out a simple IC. I am quickly learning that a lot of other people have the same needs that I do, justifying a simple IC (i.e. the UV meter i built!)

the datasheet was a little complicated for me, but i found a circuit and kind of used their values to figure out the formulas so i have a better understanding.

An LM10 has 8 pins and has a voltage reference that can be set accurately to nearly any voltage within the power supply voltage, and an opamp that can be used as a comparator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back