LIPO low voltage alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

samtheboxer

I need some help with a LIPO low voltage alarm. I need a circuit that notifies me via flashing LEDS or piezo alarm when the voltage of a 3 cell lipo battery reaches less that 9-10 volts. Ideally i would like it to fire when the cells hit 3.2v or a total of 9.6v.

my plan is to get it working, then use it with a PIC to do something fancier (im not sure what yet!) so for now, ill focus on just the basic alarm.

I dont quite understand how a circuit like this would work, i would like to know so maybe i can build it and get it working then figure it out.

Thanks

hi,
This device is designed for battery voltage monitoring.

Last edited:
thanks!

Every time i prepare myself for a lengthy study session and complex circuit, someone points out a simple IC. I am quickly learning that a lot of other people have the same needs that I do, justifying a simple IC (i.e. the UV meter i built!)

the datasheet was a little complicated for me, but i found a circuit and kind of used their values to figure out the formulas so i have a better understanding.

An LM10 has 8 pins and has a voltage reference that can be set accurately to nearly any voltage within the power supply voltage, and an opamp that can be used as a comparator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…