Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linking computer to telephone land line

Status
Not open for further replies.

breconman

Hi,
I am an ex pat and live in bangkok Thailand, ive been here for four years, I have a good computer set up, her that must be obeyed has decided to move us to a new home 50 yards down the road and accross the street now here is the proplem.

I asked the telephone company to move my current telephone to the new location, sorry they said your telephone is located on side " A '" of the road, and where your moving to is on side " B " of the road we cannot move " A " telephones to side to side " B " and on side " B " there are no spare lines, hence I have no telephone link to connect to my computer.

I have a cordless phone that links to my telephone at the old location very well indeed, here is my question is it possible to get my cordless telephone to inerface with my computer which will then give me the link to my base telephone, this would put me back on line

Any help would be appreciated ,

Thanks

Breconman. :roll:

breconman said:
Hi,
I am an ex pat and live in bangkok Thailand, ive been here for four years, I have a good computer set up, her that must be obeyed has decided to move us to a new home 50 yards down the road and accross the street now here is the proplem.

I asked the telephone company to move my current telephone to the new location, sorry they said your telephone is located on side " A '" of the road, and where your moving to is on side " B " of the road we cannot move " A " telephones to side to side " B " and on side " B " there are no spare lines, hence I have no telephone link to connect to my computer.

I have a cordless phone that links to my telephone at the old location very well indeed, here is my question is it possible to get my cordless telephone to inerface with my computer which will then give me the link to my base telephone, this would put me back on line

Any help would be appreciated ,

Thanks

Breconman. :roll:

Consider wireless LAN equipment.

Thanks for your reply Opticon, I will check wireless lan out ( Sounds expensive) . Or I could sneak a couple of wires down there when its dark, on seconds thoughts I better not as I might end up in the Bangkok Hilton the local name for JAIL.

Any other idea's around

Thanks again

Breconman :D

Talking about sneaking:
Here in Canada there is a very successful restaurant on one side of a big, busy highway that goes to cottage country. They got the business from customers going to their cottage, but were on the wrong side of the highway for customers on their way back home.
They bought the land directly across the highway for a new parking lot and somehow, they built a huge pedestrian bridge over the highway in the middle of the night!

Piggybacking into the net on an unencrypted WiFi node is a whole lot safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back