Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linear regulator recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtommer

i am now in the process of choosing a suitable linear regulator for my project which is a RF LED Dot Matrix Display. My LED Board has input requirements of 5V and 2.4A.

I actually intended to use the LM2678 switching regulator because of high efficiency for the project but my supervisor said that it would be too highly efficient for a simple LED board like that..(like using a whole power station to power one single light bulb) and the cost would be excessive ( converted from my country's currency, the regulator will cost approximately $5 which is kinda high for my supervisor) and so I am now searching for a suitable linear regulator.

I would really appreciate if anyone could recommend me any linear regulator (as well as the link to its datasheet ) suitable for my project which is cheap and meets my project input requirements.

Thank you.

You haven't said what the input voltage is.

If it's mains, the cheapest option is to buy a 5V regulated wall plug power supply.

Assuming the price is in US $, you'll have a hard time finding a mains powered 5V 2.4A supply for $5 even if purchased in large quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back