Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linear regulator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit0302

Hey guys

I need to design and characterise a linear voltage regulator implemented with resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, comparators and operational amplifiers.

The linear regulator must generate a stable output voltage of VOut = 3V±10% and must be be able to supply an output current of at least IOut = 80mA. The input to the regulator is a DC voltage of suitable value. Other than these, there are no requirements to the design; However, you may want to consider how to make a better regulator -maybe implementing a low-input-voltage warning, maximising the efficiency, or minimising the drop-out voltage.

I am new in this area, does anyone have any idear and could anyone tell me how I should start with this?

Many thanks.

Hey guys

I need to design and characterise a linear voltage regulator implemented with resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, comparators and operational amplifiers.

The linear regulator must generate a stable output voltage of VOut = 3V±10% and must be be able to supply an output current of at least IOut = 80mA. The input to the regulator is a DC voltage of suitable value. Other than these, there are no requirements to the design; However, you may want to consider how to make a better regulator -maybe implementing a low-input-voltage warning, maximising the efficiency, or minimising the drop-out voltage.

I am new in this area, does anyone have any idear and could anyone tell me how I should start with this?

Many thanks.

hi,
Is this an Homework assignment.??

This same question was asked by another member in this very forum.

Hmmmm, the 2nd paragraph Sure Smells of a cut & paste directly from the assignment... and I neither teach fishing nor give fish to relatives of fishermen. <<<)))

Another student who skipped many of his classes and knows "nuttin" about the assignment.
Or the teacher gets paid to do "nuttin".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back