Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Line scan camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

normad

hey guys, im working on a project to make a car that follows a black line. fastest wins. so my idea is to use a line camera. do you guys know any not so expensive, easy to configure line scan cameras i can use? better if its digital. if its analog ill have to use an adc on the microcontroller.
thanks in advance :)

I have planned to use a TSL1401R linear sensor array for a similar application. It is a 128 pixel photodiode array. My plan is to buy a cheap webcam and replace its electronics with the TSL1401R and a microcontroller (cheap way to get the optics).

The output of the TSL1401R is analog, but you could use a comparator to get binary "black and white" values from it. Some microcontrollers even have a comparator built in. The chip itself is relatively cheap and easy to use.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/05/TSL1401R_LF_E4.pdf

Last edited:
The camera is used by pulling the image data out and processing it. Much more work if you're doing it from scratch, but I'm sure there are plenty of implementations on the Web to copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back