Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Line Follower +

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoppyRN

HI, I am coming to the end of a degree course and our final project is to build a line following robot, with collision detection and line aquistition.

I have been "guided" to try something different and use ultrasonic collision detection and a inductive line using hall effect sensors (wire under carpet).

If anyone has any ideas or links to webpages that could help I would be most appreciative.

ps using a 16F series PIC and 2 H bridge motors, hopefully with PWM control if I can work that bit out.

Cheers,

H

well if you try to search google you will get some projects that somebody has done.

you can try this wire under carpet thing. it seems much cooler than just a black line. send 50Hz in it and sence it with some sensors (i cant tel you the english word for it sadly).

colision detection can be with something much cheaper sensor called IR sensor (SHARP sensor) it's half the price but has a range only 30 cm (3 m for sonar). but i think your speeds aint big so the IR will do just fine.

day 2

Thanks for the reply.

I have managed to scrounge a working pcb with a ultrasonic set up on (rp electronics b214) so hopeing that will work. Unfortunately it turns out my hall effect swithces were bi-polar latching so will need to look at a replacement for these tomorrow. With any look I will be at breadboard stage soon and can see if its viable in the time frame or should just switch to IR.

H

I can't seem to remember the part numbers for the Sharp IR proximity detectors...GP2D12? Check Google, there are different models, including a boolean output module or a module that utilizes serial to give distances. We've used them in our High School's sumo robots and the work without a hitch.

try out srf04 sonaar module....
google search and u ll get all the info about this wonderful module...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back