Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line follower sensor problem... pls help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sckooi

hi... i wish to ask some line sensor problem. now i do AGVs project. what kind of line sensor can auto adjust the sensitivity? for example, i wan the sensor auto tune the sensitivity when face the floor colour is almost similar with line colour. And show me the circuit diagram for line follower sensor.
Thx a lot....

Well I'm sure this is possible,l but I'm not sure how to do it automatically. Manually, you could use a comparator, and could just adjust the voltage going to the comparator that the input from the line would be compared to.

sckooi said:
hi... i wish to ask some line sensor problem. now i do AGVs project. what kind of line sensor can auto adjust the sensitivity? for example, i wan the sensor auto tune the sensitivity when face the floor colour is almost similar with line colour. And show me the circuit diagram for line follower sensor.
Thx a lot....

Rules to follow when posting:

Proper Punctuation
No Text Speak
No using Plz, thx or Improper language, aka the (...)
Also, what have you done so far? Nobody is wanting to help you when you ask "Show me complete circuit thx". That does not show how much effort you have put into it. You should get a zero on your project.

You should get a zero on your project.

One more rule to follow when posting:

-Always try to be kind to newcomers. Aim for an encouraging, helpful tone. Otherwise, no one will want to stay.

For such an active member, Krumlink, I am surprised.

The ellipsis (...) is a perfectly legal English punctuation mark, and it is unfair to discriminate against someone because they write "ur" instead of "your." He said much more than just "show me a complete circuit thx." He mentioned that he was trying to design a circuit that would automatically adjust its sensitivity. That is a valid and interesting proposal.

Krumlink, try to be kind!

NightFalcon90909 thank ur reply...

**broken link removed**

i will use this line follower circuit as show link above. but not sure that circuit can work or not? is it i can use that variable resistor (inside the line follower circuit) to adjust the sensor sensitivity? What type of comparator need to use? LM324? and what types sensor also... please advide me which model? thanks...

Last edited:
That circuit should work fine.

As far as sensors, you could definitely set up the sensors as shown in the picture on that page-

**broken link removed**

The 20 K var resistor there will let you adjust the sensitivity- read up on comparators if you are interested in how, and you probably should be if you are going to have to explain this project to anyone ;-) It's better to understand how comparators work anyway, you'll use them a lot. For the comp chip, I'd say use the LM339.

For the sensors, you could use the sensors that he used-

**broken link removed**

TX would be a infrared LED, and RX would be an IR Transistor.

You could also buy an IR LED and an IR Transistor in a package already... that is easier to interface.

hi...
i trial to construct the circuit as show above. i found my sensor without any response. why?
is it sensor angle problem? is it i can test the sensor without the assembly code? can teach me how to test the sensor after build the circuit? thanks...

Debugging time eh?

Make sure everything you have is hooked up to an appropriate amount of power.

Shine the IR LED directly at your receiver. If it doesn't work, you have a faulty receiver.

Implementing auto adjustment is quite a challenge, because not only you have to be able to 'read' the current condition, you also need to have a mean of changing the threshold of your sensor, in other words, you need a DAC and an ADC! good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back