Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Line follower robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherif Welsen

Hi every body,
I'd like to implement a line follower robot using say 89c2051, Please provide me with a project with complete details, the sensors, motors and the firmware.
Thanks inadvance

I don't have the details, but if you intend to build it yourself, perhaps I may help.

How big your robot should be? What is its weight? From that, you can compute how strong your motor should be. For small bot, they usually use 6VDC motor at 200mA.

To control small bot, using TA7288P is enough. It's very cheap and small. You can use 2 TA7288P for 2 motors. It's a one and a half H bridges.

I have the .max file only of TA7288P with 89c51. I lost the schemes file, you have to rebuild yourself. email meeh at : doanhiep@swissinfo.org, I'll send it to you.

For the sensors, I used red leds, but I lost the data. After many time do experiments, I found that red leds are better than IR led. You can try with it. You can build it yourself.

It's the useful site to show how to compute the PID control for the line following robot, and they show where we should put the sensors on the bot.
**broken link removed** (role down the frame and look for line following 1995)

And examples come here

**broken link removed**
https://www.robotroom.com/Sandwich.html

Simple line follower or specific condn.

Is it simple line follower robot or wth condn. I'm lookin for information regarding ,path follower, it follows object emitting particular frequency.
I intend to build this kinda robot and i'm totally novice.
Plz help me.
Regards,
Shantanu.

To follow an object, we have some problems:

1) Keep a given distance from the object to your robot. We may use IR, sonar or laser rangefinder, depended on your... pocket :)

2) Detect the object from the environment. You have to recognize your object as travelling (camera, IR, sonar, some signal from objects...)

3) We need a control rule to follow the object. You may use fuzzy, pid or something else.

So, which problem you need to be helped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back