Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line follower robot schema

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelso00

hi there i want to make a line follower with 4 wheels but only front two wheels will be controlled by the motors the back two wheels will be free can you help me with the circuit of this robot ..i need schema for it

you have to start and people on the forum including me will help you,

first you have to realize that you will need a micro controller. then you will need a way to sense the line.. maybe a photo transistor,, or an LDR... then you will need to control the 2 motors with a suitable driver..

so, to sumerize, you need

a sensor >> A micro controller >> A motor driver.

good luck, try to start some schematics, post them here and you will get a lot of help.

welcome to the forum

thanx for all the helps i did it but changed the main idea; i used two wheels and i guess it is better this way

You dont need a microcontroller! Why make things too complicated? You could use a comparator (hint).

ikalogic said:
need a micro controller. then you will need a way to sense the line.. maybe a photo transistor,, or an LDR... then you will need to control the 2 motors with a suitable driver..

so, to sumerize, you need

a sensor >> A micro controller >> A motor driver.

I agree. Microcontroller make things easier. Sure, you can always design things without it. But microcontroller is very versatile. These day most of them have build in comparitor, A-D convertor, timers, eeprom etc. You can do lots of things with just the microcontroller. In fact it's not making things complicated, it's easier and reduce hardware. Also, you may want to add features to your design later on. You can modify through software instead of redesigning most of the existing hardware. :)

*ALL WHO MUST KNOW, VOLTBOY IS NOT ME!!!*

I got a pm from 3v0 saying not to use another profile, which I have NOT!!!

I dont know who VOLTBOY is!!!

So dont ask me!

:D

Krumlink said:
*ALL WHO MUST KNOW, VOLTBOY IS NOT ME!!!*

I got a pm from 3v0 saying not to use another profile, which I have NOT!!!

I dont know who VOLTBOY is!!!

So dont ask me!

It's hard to keep track who you are and recognize you since you keep changing your avator. I mean at one time you were the mad scientise in "Return to the future", then you became the blood thirsty Bush, now a little robot bug, what's next?

Krumlink said:
You dont need a microcontroller! Why make things too complicated? You could use a comparator (hint).
Use the Microcontroller Luke. Many PICs even have a pair of comparators...
**broken link removed**

There isn't a point responding to a thread when the OP has only 2 posts, each of which were a long time ago.

Well, Krumlink. I understand that is the standard answer, but I'm back for some more education about forums.

If one person asks a question, I bet you another person resides in this little world of ours, who has a question along the same lines.
Sure, the original owner probably wont be back. But if that other person stumbles here and finds a meaningful reply-- wont that make his or her life much easier?

Many people frown upon reviving dead threads, when the response is something useless. But when it can actually add to the conversation, then why not?

-Omar

anthony123 said:
krumlink that is your problem if i WANT to post a reply??

I think it is great that you want to help out with questions, but the OP isnt on anymore. All I meant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back