Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Limit Switch instead of Bumper Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrjojo

Hey guyz , im building a robot n its main functionality is to avoid obstacles , that means if it bumps a box , it changes direction n tries another path .
i know i had to buy bumper switch so robot identify obstacles on its way , made a mistake because of the image n didnt know it's actually a limit switch , cause limit n bumper switches look pretty much the same ~ so is there any way i can use limit switch as bumper a switch ? if not is there any other way i can do this ? need ur advice.
ty in advance :)

Depending on physical switch design I don't see why not. Got a link to what you have?

Ron

I am sure a moderator will be along soon. However, as I mentioned, depending on the actual switch configuration it can very likely be used as a bumper switch. When a limit switch is "bumped" it changes state. :)

Just need to know if what you have is NO (Normally Open) or NC (Normally Closed).

Ron

Hi,

you can use any miniature soft touch tactile switch for a bumper switch (limit switch is just the same).

Depending on your logic circuit you'll have to add an inverter into the switch circuit (either NC or NO)

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back