Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Like a 16f628 PIC - but with 2 more pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Just as the title says really. I have some code that works on my 16f628 PIC. I basically want a PIC that is identical to the 16f628 PIC, but has an extra 2 pins. Is there something like this?

hi,
Look at this link.

Sorry about that the link seems down.

Goto www.microchip.com and do a 16F series Parametric Search

EDIT:
The links worked just now, but they will no longer work.????

EDIT2:

This link works, scroll down the displayed pages

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Fairly obviously to get two more I/O pins you need two more pins on the chip, so 20 pin instead of 18.

As Eric said, they are listed on MicroChip by both number of pins and number of I/O pins.

PIC16F631, PIC16F677, PIC16F685 are the first three listed.

The 16F690 is also a very popular 20-pin PIC.

I wonder though if you couldn't better take advantage of the pins you have on your 18 pin PIC? Do you have a schematic or description of connections required?

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back