Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacole

I have some fluorescent lights over a work bench. 3 light fixtures with seperate plugs. I replaced one fixture and all 3 worked fine for a day. Now none of them work. I have checked all circuts, even the contacts to the bulbs and everything is hot. Yet no light. any suggestions

Thats kind of a vauge discription....

Your saying you installed one new fixture and didn't touch the other two, and now none work?
What type of flouresent lights are they? New self starters? Old ones with the seperate can starters? Do they glow or anything when you turn them on? Are you sure the tubes are pinned in to the lamp holders correctly and making good contact?

Fast start fluorescent tubes use high voltage jolt for starting. For this, fixture has to have proper grounding and balast has to be properly connected, black wire to hot and white to neutral. I found this to be problem in many home installations.
Jirka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back