Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
clouds because of friction of molecluoles biuld up a voltage charge and just sits there charged like a big capacitor waiting to find a path of less resistance to breakdown. the path can be any where another cloud earth any point that it can discharge the potential. when that happens because of the massive charge miles of cloud it discharges with millions of amperes for a very short duration. that generated heat sand can become glass or burn a hole in a tree. or if you lucky and wet it can pass on your dirty clothes and dissipate to ground.

They also taught me in elementary school that the "friction" caused the charge build-up. Later I learded that the clouds become negatively charged due to the "photoelectric effect" as explained by Einstein. When photons stike the clouds, the photons are absorbed and are converted to or create electrons.

Neon: I tried to give you some positive feedback. There is no "scale" or "cauliflower" icon for you. Could the moderator please un-ban this guy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back