Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lightning electronics engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

hello, i have a material at uni called "lightning electronics engineering", i need to get in depth with it. I tried google to have a clue about this material but i'd like to read it from good tutorial website or ebook.
could anyone help or just comments?

regards

The 'material' guessing to be a book or paper. The lightning, electronics engineering... protecting electonics from lightning?

Sorry, just trying to decipher your post. 'uni' short for university?

Perhaps a little more information on the content of your material. How about a short overview, or points of interest.

HarveyH42 said:
Sorry, just trying to decipher your post. 'uni' short for university?

Perhaps a little more information on the content of your material. How about a short overview, or points of interest.

yes uni is a short for university.
you're right, i Have to give more information about the material when I know about its contents :)

It could be something to do with creating lightning? Like on Mythbusters tonight (BBC2)
Or damn fast engineering?

Don't think it will be about creating lightning, since that was done nearly a century ago (Nikola Tesla).

If it's a textbook, perhaps they just mean a 'quick' study of electronics engineering, like an introductory course.

4electros said:
yes uni is a short for university.
you're right, i Have to give more information about the material when I know about its contents :)

Are you studding "How to Protect Your Electronic Equipment"? Then use this phrase to Google with. Any will find much useful information like: **broken link removed**

If LIGHTING is your topic of study in the electronic realm, LED's, or Light Emitting Diodes come to mind initially. It involves chemistry to create a single (monochromatic) color and has taken off in development the past recent years. The newer White LED's are interesting, starting off essentially as a Blue LED, but doped with another compound such as YAG (Yttrium-Aluminum -Garnet) to produce a "braodband color".
I would also look up Electroluminescence. Also, search Cold-Cathode Lighting.

Hope this sheds some light, pardon the pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back