Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lightning Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi,
I would like to make a lightning detector.

Ideally I would like it to tell me the rough distance / getting closer or going away / strike counts.
Is there any schematics around for this or can someone help. i have googed and found a couple but they are real old and basic.

thanks
Stuart

That's a nice link, Mike. Thanks for providing it.

It's likely the OP has found links to Stormscope. In case not, and for others, here is a link: **broken link removed**

John

I have build the circuit from post 2 and it works very well.

Hi stuee,

I made a lightning detector (spherics detector). The page linked in second post, is designed by Charles Wenzel (Austin, Texas). He is so nice guy! Open that link, and see starting sentence He is saying "contact me for needed inductors". It means he will send you needed 1mH or 10mH inductors via mail totally FREE!

1 years ago he sent me lots of (needed all) components and I made Spherics Detector which is more advanced and more sensitive lightning detector. Open this page- http://www.techlib.com/electronics/spherics.htm And look at the bottom, there are 3 images of detector made by me (my formal name is Rajkumar). He included my pictures on his page.

So, contact him once using his email. I am from rural area for parts and didn't find anything so he helped me. He will help you too. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back