Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lighting Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Rhodes

Hey guys! I have recently been in the market for a high-lumen light for some hunting/camping trips that i frequently go on. I was looking for something in the 500 lumen range and all i could find were extremely pricey flashlights. So i decided to build my own. I found a 1040 lumen LED chip from mouser.com that looked pretty good, but when i hook it up it doesn't seem nearly as bright as some low lumen flashlights that i have owned in the past. Can you guys give me some tips on what i should do to max the output of the chip? The chip runs on 40volts and around 270mA if i remember correctly. Since space is also an issue i'm having a hard time finding a 40volt battery that i can carry around since lugging around several car batteries in series doesn't seem to be an option ;)
I understand that purchasing a flashlight would be much easier, but where's the fun in that?
Thanks in advance for the help.

i see no circuit nor part numbers of LEDs and Chip you use

Last edited:
9V batteries simply can't handle this current. at 11W this is considerable load. I'd look into LED driver.
also if this is supposed to be high brightness flash-light replacement, i'd rather look for device that is not wide beam.

A torch gets its bright light from a focus of all the light coming off the radius of the globe.
You don't get this multiplying effect from a LED.
Just use a simple 1,000,000 candlepower globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back