Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lighting Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceXist

Hi,

I have a LED lighting strip that is running 120VAC 60Hz that I want to place under my door for ambient lighting. I want to, when I move my door at any position, to have the light strip turn on for probably around 5 seconds and then turn off, but it would be nice if i could easily change that time.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
IceXist

What kind of door? Dose your light strip have a step down transformer? You could possibly hack a toy with a sensor and timer built in. Andy

How about a **broken link removed** based on a 555 timer. Replace the switch with a vibration switch and whenever your door moves, you have 5 seconds of light.

No, but it can handle a relay. You would have to separately power the 555 though. I don't know of any off-the-shelf AC mains powered products that fit your need.

OK than you will need a relay to switch the power to the lights, and control it with a vibrashoin sensor of some kind powered of a seporat low voltage power supply.

so basically what LTX71CM said...
Yes if the LEDs run directly off AC line voltage. You will need a power supply, a sensor, a timer and a relay. A triac with a RC delay may work with a sensor also. Good luck Andy

a mercury switch, a 555 timer, and a relay are able to finish your project, i think.

Fix the mercury switch on the door so that any locomotion of the door will trigger the switch. Then it sends a signal to 555 timer and to relay, as well, to turn on the LED strip. After several seconds the 555timer turn off LED strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back