Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light Sensor switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeitgeist

I'm trying to build a circuit, using a LDR or PD, PT etc

I want the sensor to detect a hand waved across the front of it, but not false trigger.

So it would need to detect a drop in light, and only activate the output a second later if the light is back to normal.

How could i design this circuit?

Thankyou.

This could probably get a little complicated, due to your requirements. Have you considered using a low power laser beam as your threshold? Or possibly infared?

If you are using ambient light and not defining what "normal" is, then I suggest you charge a capacitor with a voltage proportional to the ambient light so when the light decreases, you can compare the decrease with the stored voltage. You will need hysterysis in the comparator in order not to have false triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back