Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light Sensor Greenhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrycow

Hi Guys,

i am hoping to make a scaled down version of a greenhouse for a school project, and i am making mine to be a shading system, so that lights will come on when it is too dark, and the blinds will open when it is too dark and its light outside, you know all the combinations, does anyone have any circuit diagrams, or circuit ideas for me.

Many Thanks

what size of greenhouse are you making as this will greatly effect what
devices you can use,and as for schematics(circuit diagrams) what kind of level are you at??

P.S. good luck :D

i have just realised this was proberly too late what grade did you get?

i have just realised this was proberly too late what grade did you get?

no no, its not too late, im half way through the project, so far i have done a lot of writing up, but soon i will have to start designing and making it, this is for Control Systems at AS level, and its one a mini greenhouse structure, thing made out of a box. my course is mainly electronics, so the design of the greenhouse does not matter, its the circuitry that gets the marks

it wont be that much bigger than a 30cm³ cube, i have access to a very wide range of components, but may be halted by extreme prices. Thanks for replying so quickly before

for the prices of components try www.rapidelectronics.co.uk they have very good prices and delivery is usually within a few days,
but as for the schematics it might take a couple of days to draw some up i will put them on as soon as i have drawn them.

you would draw up some schematics for me?!? Wow, many thanks, i dont know what to say, thank you so much

i dont mean to hurry you monkeytree, however, my circuit must be ready for building soon, and im having trouble designing it myself, is that offer of yours still available?

Ive drawn up a flowchart of what i think i what i want, if you can see any errors please inform me

Attachments

• greenhouseflowchart.jpg
    greenhouseflowchart.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,086
i am afriad that i have had no luck at all for schematics but i would like to point out that the light sensors outside may be affected by the lights inside the greenhouse.
:( sorry :(

Finally after 6 hours of sitting down and getting it done, i have drawn it up, and it works on the software anyway!! I figured that i wouldnt have a light sensor inside, like monkeytree said, it all gets complicated, but this should work nicely. I thought i should put this on so that if anyoen else was thinking of making a greenhouse.....you never know. This could be used as a base plan. Man am i glad to have finished designing that now. phew.

Attachments

• shadingsystem5.jpg
    shadingsystem5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 988
I know you lot are probably tired of seeing this topic, but i talked with my teacher and he said bluntly, that wont work, he said mainly because it uses logic gates to run a motor, and thats a no no according to him. So of course with that, i had to make a new circuit, which works just as well, if not better, so im happy, the only thing is, now my teacher is winning the on going battle between me and him, so i must try and get him to be wrong soon, mwhaha. Well here we are, the circuit, the on/off switches are the same as labelled in the diagram above. If there are any blantent mistakes, dont hesitate to tell me!!

Attachments

• shadingsystemfinal1.jpg
    shadingsystemfinal1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 942
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back