Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light On, Light Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildebeest87

I'm trying to create a circuit that will arm when light hits it, and then light an LED when the light goes back off. I've posted a picture of the circuit I was trying, but the relay would click open, then back closed immediately. Any help would be great, thanks.

Attachments

• light on light off.png
    light on light off.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 185
What is the resistance of the LDR when illuminated? When dark? What is the battery voltage? What type of battery? How much current does it take to light the LED?

Is this what you had in mind?

YouTube - VID00005

The switch is an NC. to be used as a reset.
When light hits the LDR, the circuit is activated, however, Q2, keeps the LED driver transistor Q3 in a off condition, as long as light is still hitting the LDR, when the LDR has the light removed from it, then Q2 shuts off, and allows Q3 to turn full on thereby lighting the LED output.
To reset the circuit, you push the reset button, this deactivates the SCR from it's latched state.

light off-on.jpg

Hi,
The circuit tested well from 6 - 10 volts, which covers the range of a 9 v. battery.
The transistors used were, 2N3904, or equivalent general purpose NPN.
The SCR is a EC103B type.
The diodes are the general purpose 1N914 or equivalent type.
The LDR, has a very high resistance in the megohm region, then drops to around 13K ohms with the source of lighting as demonstrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back