Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light/ Dark sensor with delay circuit , HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggabite

**broken link removed**

Im new to this, im trying to add a delay circuit on my project. I have connected a diode to be lit by the relay, now it is turning on instantaneously when dark and i need to add a delay circuit such that when it is dark, the light may remain on and when light falls, the light may stay on controlled by a timer . I need to be able to adjust the delay period.

thanks

Last edited:
Please help with some schematic extension . Im stressed !

broken link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
The basic operation of this circuit is to turn on a lamp when is is dark. But when daylight strikes, i need the lamp to stay on depending on infinitive period

How did you manage to make a blank post?

Very impressive, the forum software doesn't normally allow you to do that.

What do you mean by delay?

If you just want a delayed response then connecting a large capacitor (470µF) across R1 would achieve that.

The basic operation of this circuit is to turn on a lamp when is is dark. But when daylight strikes, i need the lamp to stay on depending on infinitive period

Easy to make

Get a relay with another set of switched contacts (2 or more sets of contacts)

Conect a 10K resistor with a make contact (from the relay) from the +12V to the Base of the transistor, this will switch the transitor on until it is reset.

Put a reset contact in this line that is controled by hand or timer to reset the devise to "automatic ON switching" state

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back