Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

light controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant9985

i am building a disco light and need help with a circuit that will allow me to switch a dc motor from clockwise to anti clockwise without shorting the power. i.e reverse the polarity of the motor with pulses from another circuit which i have already designed.
Any help would be greatly recived

ant9985 said:
i am building a disco light and need help with a circuit that will allow me to switch a dc motor from clockwise to anti clockwise without shorting the power. i.e reverse the polarity of the motor with pulses from another circuit which i have already designed.
Any help would be greatly recived

It's called an 'H bridge', or you can do the same with a DPDT relay.

disco light

i have seen some 'h' bridge circuits and think that using a relay would be best but i have difficulty in getting it to work any suggestions on how to connect it?
many thanks

Re: disco light

ant9985 said:
i have seen some 'h' bridge circuits and think that using a relay would be best but i have difficulty in getting it to work any suggestions on how to connect it?
many thanks

Basically in the same way an H bridge works - connect the moving contacts to the motor (one to each end of the motor), and connect the fixed contacts to +ve and -ve. With the relay one way it connects +ve to one side of the motor and -ve to the other, when the relay switches it reverses the supply to the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back