Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LIGHT CONTROLLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene2021

want to build a light controller w/pic chip light controller will be controlled from pc serial port can build board . will use max232 for interface .want to control an american dj RP-8 (this is just 8 ac outlets connected to 8 relays) this will be buffered by uln2803 . want to have pic chip take pc data ( e.g. n1= ch 1 on relay on , f1 = ch1 on relay off) need help writing code fer this pic chip . do not know how to get pic to look at serial port and turn on correct relay

OKAY SCRATCH THE PIC CHIP ,I NOW HAVE A GUY THAT WILL GIVE ME 5 ATMEL CHIPS AT90S2313 TO TRY TO BUILD THIS CONTROLLER.ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIANCE W/THIS CHIP?

found code that will turn on first relay , what routine or code do i use to get this avr to turn on/off the other 7 relays . this is pretty cool stuff
if i just add same code but change ports ,will this work

if you just want to control 8 relays with the seial port, then there is no need to use a microcontroller.
you can do this with a simple shift register.
or you can control directly the 8 relays with the paralel port.

yes if you are gonna control the relays with a PC then no need for a u controller.. check out my thread " pic programming help" .
3/4 down the first page is my schematic, which you could use the Flip Flops to turn the relays on and off with , although my circuit is used on the ISA slot could be used (with some modifications) on the parallel port..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back