Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

light bulb to LED!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dug

hi ..
i was js wondering how could i change my circuit that uses a 12V light bulb to a super bring LED?...

thanks
dug

dug said:
hi ..
i was js wondering how could i change my circuit that uses a 12V light bulb to a super bring LED?...

You simply add a series resistor to the LED, based on the current you want it to take - but from 12V you will be wasting a lot more energy in the resistor than the LED will receive - you would normally put more than one LED in series and make the resistor smaller, in order to reduce the losses.

A lot really depends on what it's for, which you don't mention, but generally an LED is a lot less bright than a lamp. If this is just a small dial lamp, an LED 'may' be able to approach a similar brightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back