Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Life....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
So difficult to understand sometimes.

I know I have a purpose yet to fulfill. A really good one. Besides the repairs and all that make me crazy. I need to stop preaching Technical stuff at African "Techs". They never ever will understand how a TV truly works...basics are missing. You canno't teach that...too late.

I have decided that from 1 August 2015 I am going to begin writing a step by step guide for wannabe TV techs. Nothing Technical. Just my experiences by tackling everything in a simple manner. Call it a practical step by step guide to not screwing up a TV.

1. Do this first.
2. Then check this.
3. Check this.
4. Measure that.
5. Loosen that pin.....
6. And so on.

I mean, that is really all I can do. Show the way.

I have my own repairs to contend with. Never mind trying to train "monkey do monkey see people". Very difficult.
Not understanding what they are doing...trying anything and everything to fix things.

But you know what, I am sure ETO and many Members here are tired of my moaning and groaning. Afterall.....I must man up.

Face my problems. I have accepted Africa is my problem. I need to fix it.

Shots fired.

Regards,
tv

Frankly, I don't share our racist views, nor do I consider blacks monkeys.

Cut the drama and present your "how to." Maybe someone living in 1955 will find it interesting. Based on your past endeavors, I doubt it will ever get done.

John

Cut the drama and present your "how to." Maybe someone living in 1955 will find it interesting. Based on your past endeavors, I doubt it will ever get done.

John

I just did present my "how to". And I do not consider blacks monkeys...

Touched a nerve there. Or what?? :)

John

Also easy to comment from far away..like me commenting on what is happening in the States now. I don't.
So...what are you on about??

Regards,
tv

Difference John...is I actually LIVE amongst the crowd...literally amongst them.
Of course I know them well. I am RIGHT here.

Anything else??

TV said
"monkey do monkey see people".

John said:

In English English, we use the expression "Monkey see, monkey do". It means that someone observes an operation and than blindly does the same thing without understanding the reason why.

In the context of TVs post I do not consider it to liken anyone to a monkey.

JimB

JimB

Please explain the context of this, as understood by an Englishman
Difference John...is I actually LIVE amongst the crowd...literally amongst them.
Of course I know them well. I am RIGHT here.
Anything else??

What are the "them."

This post is just one in a long line of racist posts by tvtech. He doesn't like living in South Africa, but he has not developed skills marketable in other countries. When he is not being racist, he is being a coward and attacking perhaps one of the most accomplished members of this forum using a description rather than his name. I had my fill of him a long time ago. Perhaps the owners of ETO should evaluate whether the culture created by tvtech's posts and a particularly sarcastic moderator are in the best interests of ETO's growth? Right now, despite its seniority, ETO is a mere speck on the map of forums dealing with electronics

John

JimB

What are the "them."

This post is just one in a long line of racist posts by tvtech. He doesn't like living in South Africa, but he has not developed skills marketable in other countries. When he is not being racist, he is being a coward and attacking perhaps one of the most accomplished members of this forum using a description rather than his name. I had my fill of him a long time ago. Perhaps the owners of ETO should evaluate whether the culture created by tvtech's posts and a particularly sarcastic moderator are in the best interests of ETO's growth? Right now, despite its seniority, ETO is a mere speck on the map of forums dealing with electronics

John

Ah ha. So it is revealed at last.
John, you are not the be all and end all of ETO or Forums...

Why not chirp earlier?? Why wait till now??

Why wait so long to have your say??

Regards,
tv

You should of voiced your dislike of me long ago. Put it in my face. I can deal with that.

Not slowly simmering fires that cause all kinds of things: ulcers, etc.
I have a feeling you are fighting someone else's battle here.

This is not you John.

Regards,
tv

Last edited:
Wait a minute here. I call children monkeys all the time especially my daughter. Am I some sort of child hater? o_O

What are the "them."

Often misunderstood to be non specific people "THEY" is the acronym for the The Hidden Extremists Militia and they are responsible for a lot of things. :p

Well since we are the subject of rubbing people the wrong way I think your book is a great idea!

However you should be more honest to the target reader in your book so I have some suggestions for your book and chapter titles.
Instead of
I have decided that from 1 August 2015 I am going to begin writing a step by step guide for wannabe TV techs. Nothing Technical. Just my experiences by tackling everything in a simple manner. Call it a practical step by step guide to not screwing up a TV.

1. Do this first.
2. Then check this.
3. Check this.
4. Measure that.
5. Loosen that pin.....
6. And so on.

I mean, that is really all I can do. Show the way.

Your book should be titled, "So you wanna fix your TV?"

Chapter 1. Dont bother. Seriously don't even try.
Chapter 2. Ever heard of the Darwin awards?
Chapter 3. Suicide is an option and your TV Tech will thank you for it!
Chapter 4. Seriously think about chapter 3.
Chapter 5. Technicians have years of education and training. You don't.
Chapter 6. If you hadn't tried to fix it yourself.....
Chapter 7. How trying to fix it yourself made your repair bill three times more than what you TV was worth new.
Chapter 8. Really you should have followed the advice in chapter 3.
Chapter 9. Other home items you shouldn't try fixing yourself.
Chapter 10. What happened to those who tried. (Photos and graphic visual aids from the ER/morgue)

Offended anyone? o_O

Wait a minute here. I call children monkeys all the time especially my daughter. Am I some sort of child hater? o_O

Often misunderstood to be non specific people "THEY" is the acronym for the The Hidden Extremists Militia and they are responsible for a lot of things. :p

Well since we are the subject of rubbing people the wrong way I think your book is a great idea!

However you should be more honest to the target reader in your book so I have some suggestions for your book and chapter titles.
Instead of

Your book should be titled, "So you wanna fix your TV?"

Chapter 1. Dont bother. Seriously don't even try.
Chapter 2. Ever heard of the Darwin awards?
Chapter 3. Suicide is an option and your TV Tech will thank you for it!
Chapter 4. Seriously think about chapter 3.
Chapter 5. Technicians have years of education and training. You don't.
Chapter 6. If you hadn't tried to fix it yourself.....
Chapter 7. How trying to fix it yourself made your repair bill three times more than what you TV was worth new.
Chapter 8. Really you should have followed the advice in chapter 3.
Chapter 9. Other home items you shouldn't try fixing yourself.
Chapter 10. What happened to those who tried. (Photos and graphic visual aids from the ER/morgue)

Offended anyone? o_O

LOL. Thanks tcm :)

I needed that :D

We are all them.

It's called the human race. Sadly we all must run.

kv

JimB

What are the "them."

John

I am going to very carefully pick jpanhalt's reply above to pieces. I am going to literally shred it to pieces:

1. Racist posts. Unfortunately all I talk about is true. I live here. I do not dream stuff up. Only the truth.
2. I love South Africa. My place of birth.
3. I have to try and fix SA first. Why other Countries?
4. A Coward...good one. I do not shiver and shake when a black man swears in my face and in his own language calls me "scum of the sea". Jan v Riebeek stuff. I am going to be the one helping him....because his own kind are useless.....and he knows it. And totally despises the fact that as much as he might hate me....I am the one that will not cheat him and do the repair properly......
5. Attacked a member using a description rather than a name. Why name him? We all know who it is anyway.....or do we?
6. I had my fill of him a long time ago...should of said so John.
7. ETO owners should maybe "evaluate" tvtechs posts and that "particularly sarcastic moderator" too ? Prey tell John as a coward who is the Mod? I did not see a name mentioned. Can I then assume what I want?

Let me tell you one thing John......I like you still.

Call me whatever you want. I will say my say. Because all I speak of is true :)

I never want it to go on record one day that I just sat back and did buggerall when my beloved Country fell apart in front of my eyes.

That's all
tv

Last edited:

John
I also found no racism with TV's remarks.... After living in South Africa, I found the native people the least problematic.... It was the European hybrids I had issues with!!!!

I refer to my co-workers in that very same manner... There are those that can read books, and there are those how can't "Monkey see monkey do" is a very apt expression for those who learn by watching!!

ADDITION!!!
Tv.... Why don't you buy a ticket and go somewhere nice to live....

Thanks Guys

If this whole thread had gone to hell....so be it.
I think part of all the "issues" is that Forums are basically dead now. And not only ETO. All of them.

People are bored. And then frustration increases and chirps too. Too much thinking....

Strange World hey :)

Regards,
tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back