Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Li-ion charger suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
I'm looking for a charging IC for Li-ion batteries. I would like one in a DIL package or maybe SO, but all I seem to be able to find are tiny packages.

I have used one of the tiny package ones for a commercial project and it works fine, but this is a one-off and I want to be able to make it on veroboard.

If possible, I would like one with a thermistor input to prevent charging at extreme temperatures.

You're gonna have a tough time finding one, other users may be able to recommend one, but you're probably better off picking a good charger in an SMD package and buying an adapter board. If you have solder paste and a heat gun soldering the SMD to the adapter board is easy, then you can toss it right on a breadboard or veroboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back