Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG G2 mini D620R - dead overnight, not chargint, not starting, plain dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ro0ter

Hello everyone,

I own a LG G2 mini and it just died a couple of weeks ago, over night. It was still in warranty so I haven`t tried anything regarding taking it apart or anything.
After a couple of days its battery was reading below 3v, so I have externally charged it and also tested its internal resistance (somewhere near 0.16-0.17ohms after settling 12h post-charging).

While its battery was charging I have tried to start it hooking it to a 4.0v, 1a cc/cv psu. No chance.. It was only eating about 200ma when power button was pressed and a short while after, then it reverted to eating 5~20ma... It didn`t do any better with the battery fully charged neither.

I have sent it afterwards to warranty, risking to loose everything I have on it, but since it has a very very very small indent in some corner (although it has a case and that mark was from more than 1 year ago), the LG service in Romania (won`t call names here) refused to fix it in warranty because it has a little <0.5mm bump... Some people just want to see the world burning...

Anyway, I`ll receive it back shortly and I would like to try to fix it myself. Not sure if I have the needed parts, but I can stop by some GSM services and request some burnt/drowned/broken/whatever phones to be donors for mine.

For the starters I`ll take some full-res photos of the board, both sides, when I will receive it and post them here.
After that I was thinking to reflow it, don`t know if it will help, but I`ll try (I`m an electronics hobbyist).
Right now I would avoid spending 300-500e on a new phone, don`t even care too much for my data anymore.

Any advice anyone has, please do post them and I will try to follow them the best I can.

Thanks everyone!

Since the heaviest part is likely the battery, it may also be most likely damaged. If you can disconnect and determine the no load cell array voltage it might indicate a shorted or high ESR cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back