Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lf351 pins to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendal

I was given this circuit and there is a lf351 ic chip that is shown as a triangle, I'm not sure how to use the chip or what's connected to where, I was never taught how to read this type of schematic. Anyone know what pins I should use? schematic is below.

**broken link removed**:confused:

The LF351 opamp is old and is not made anymore. Similar opamps are available.
Ordinary opamps cannot drive low impedance headphones.

I usually go to datasheet sites but looking for LF351 in Google links to its datasheet that shows its pin numbers and a picture of its layout.

Attachments

• LF351.PNG
    LF351.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 16,579
I have the pin out but I guess what I'm trying to ask is what pins in the schematic are in use? The schematics I'm familiar with for ics are like this one.

**broken link removed**

it tells you wich pin goes where. In the schematic I'm having trouble with, there is 4 connections, but wich 4? It has 8 pins. pin 2 is the negative input, pin 3 is the positive input, pin 6 is output, pin 7 is positive voltage in, pin 4 is ground....so pins 1 and 5 is the balance and 8 is nc....so 1,5 and 8 float in this circuit?

The data sheet has all the information that you require. The pin numbers assigned to the output, the non-inverting input marked with a plus sign, and the non-inverting input marked with a minus sign are unabiguous. In much the same way that logic circuits are designed, modern CAD packages automatically hook the power supply pins to the appropriate voltages. It is a level of detail that is not needed once you look at the datasheet. So I guess what I am saying is look at the datasheet, then come back with more questions. Did I mention you need to look at the datasheet.

The LF351 opamp is old and is not made anymore. Similar opamps are available.
Ordinary opamps cannot drive low impedance headphones.

I usually go to datasheet sites but looking for LF351 in Google links to its datasheet that shows its pin numbers and a picture of its layout.

any advice for a modern cheap replacement to the lf351?

I think the circuit is supposed to give a hum when a nearby cell phone is ringing?
Then it uses the strong UHF or microwave signal transmitted to overload the input of the opamp.

I don't know if other similar opamps like the TL071 will overload the same.
The TL071 opamp has the same pin numbers.

it's supposed to produce a hum when in the presence of electro magnetic fields, humming louder and louder as you draw closer. Not sure if it works not yet built it, so I'd want something with a low overload...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back