Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Levoit core 300 - circuit board datasheet/part number of D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raga

Hi,
I am new here and trying get some help to identify a part in a circuit board
I am trying to fix the out of warranty Levoit core 300 circuit board. I found that the D2 (pic)is burned out and it may have took R8 as well. The part number of D2 is not visible anymore. I couldn't find anything on the internet for the numbers on the board. I hope someone could help me with finding the part number for D2.

Numbers on the circuit board:
x1906104
R-0797
EH-ET-41818(120V)
E347210
FLD-03

Thanks,
Raga

Attachments

• IMG_E6611.JPG
    IMG_E6611.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_6610.JPG
    IMG_6610.JPG
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_6609.JPG
    IMG_6609.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 405
I'd say D2 is a schottky rectifier diode; it connects from the transformer secondary to a smoothing cap.

You should be able to replace it with any generic schottky power rec that is rated well above the voltage and current whatever device it is, uses.
If space is not a problem you could use a wire ended type or even a TO-220 one.

You are right. It is connected to the transformer.
Voltage on the primary side is 165 VDC but there is no output. Looks like the transformer( EE16-L7) is busted as well. The board connected to the cable (J2) works fine with 3-4.5V using external power. I guess I need to find a transformer to step down 165VDC to 4.5-5V and a schottky power rectifier. There is no space and if I have to go with wire type, I may have to drill a hole and insert it from the other side.
Thank you for the help.

You are right. It is connected to the transformer.
Voltage on the primary side is 165 VDC but there is no output. Looks like the transformer( EE16-L7) is busted as well. The board connected to the cable (J2) works fine with 3-4.5V using external power. I guess I need to find a transformer to step down 165VDC to 4.5-5V and a schottky power rectifier. There is no space and if I have to go with wire type, I may have to drill a hole and insert it from the other side.
Thank you for the help.

It's a switch-mode supply, you can't get a transformer for it, as they are always custom made for specific boards.

However, it's VERY, VERY unlikely that the transformer is faulty - they are generally extremely reliable, and rarely fail.

Without the diode how do you know it's not working anyway?.

Generally with the output rectifier short the supply will shut down to protect itself. Replace the diode, and see if it works then - if it doesn't, then the primary side of the supply may have blown as well, but again unlikely the transformer has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back