Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Level Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

Looking for confirmation I was going to make a level shifter like the drawing of the sch.
level_shifter.png
Just wanted so input about this.

Many 2N7000 Mosfets WILL NOT WORK in that circuit because the datasheet shows a max threshold voltage of 3V for a current of only 1mA.

SOME 2N7000 Mosfets will work so you must buy hundreds of them, test them all then select the ones that have low threshold voltage at a fairly high current.
Or use more suitable Mosfets instead.

Many 2N7000 Mosfets WILL NOT WORK in that circuit because the datasheet shows a max threshold voltage of 3V for a current of only 1mA.

SOME 2N7000 Mosfets will work so you must buy hundreds of them, test them all then select the ones that have low threshold voltage at a fairly high current.
Or use more suitable Mosfets instead.

Thanks Uncle $crooge it figures
Well I have a 1000 of them but I'll look for something closer to a BSS138

John thanks those are both good , I have them both bookmarked.
I was just running the numbers in my head and the 2n7000 don't look good for this. But I've seen it used.
You no it works then you use it in the real world and it stops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back