Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Level shift 3v-5v for RS485

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hello
Attached is the hardware schematic for the part in discussion.

Should this work between a 3v MCU and 5v SN75176?

I am testing between 2 boards (master and slave).When i cross Rx and Tx directly,my communication works.
When i add the attached ckt i cannot communicate between the 2.
This sounds crude on my part.But someone point out anything amiss and then i will explain more on what i debugged

Thanks and regards

Attachments

• rs485levelshift.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 384
Why not just get a RS485 part that runs on 3v logic?
**broken link removed**

Hi Mikebits

Those chips when compared with this arrangement prove to be expensive.The link shows a price break of ~2 USD for 500 no's. SN75176 is 0.2-0.3 USD + MOSFETs and Resistors which cost negligible.Overall cost comes to ~0.5 USD against 2 USD

Can you identify any problem w/ my ckt?

Hi Mikebits

Those chips when compared with this arrangement prove to be expensive.The link shows a price break of ~2 USD for 500 no's. SN75176 is 0.2-0.3 USD + MOSFETs and Resistors which cost negligible.Overall cost comes to ~0.5 USD against 2 USD

Can you identify any problem w/ my ckt?

hi,
Maybe something in this pdf will help.

Attachments

• 3_3vto5vAnalogTipsnTricksBrchr.pdf
    952.8 KB · Views: 477
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back