Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lens to catch laser light with photo diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello
So I have a photodiode and a laser. I am currently pointing the laser directly at the potodiode and it works fine. Though it would be fantastic if I could get some kind of lens that would lead the laser light into the photodiode, so I didnt need to be that accurate with the setup.

What can I use and how is this normally fixed? Using more photodiodes or what? Where can I buy lens?

Hope it is understandable :)

Thanks in advance

How you tried using a funnel that is shiny and white on the inside, and search under laser optics. Slao you could put the diode in a small white container, sort of like a plastic bottle, that would eluminate the diode w/ the reflected lite, and paint the outside of the bottle black if needed.

Last edited:
hi Simon,
Get the lens from an old pair of spectacles or hand torch.

The old fashioned 'bulls eye' lens from a hand torch works fine.

I do use a shiny funnel, but it aint that wide range (like 6mm) and I still need to make the laser point directly into the photodiode back in the funnel. Ofcourse that is the case, but would be cool if the margin could be doubled, instaed of using precision tools to hit with the laser.
And by just using the word optics, I have found some interesting stuff :) thank you.

hi Simon,
Get the lens from an old pair of spectacles or hand torch.

The old fashioned 'bulls eye' lens from a hand torch works fine.
Thanks I could do that :) but I would like for me to be able to have some stock that is the same, cause I use it for some business purpose.

Last edited:
Hi,

you might try one of these:

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back