Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs resistor bank question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjd

Hello friends, I have to control 10 LEDs separately, so I have to put a 330 resistor on each one, I was wondering if I could put a resistor bank instead of individual resistors.
And how would I wire these.

Thanks for your patience, I'm new at this.

Last edited:
Hello friends, I have to control 10 LEDs separately, so I have to put a 330 resistor on each one, I was wondering if I could put a resistor bank instead of individual resistors.
And how would I wire these.

Thanks for your patience, I'm new at this.

hi,
There are SILR [Single In Line Resistors, 0.1inch pin pitch] that come in 5,7,8 and 9 resistors packages, with a common pin to one end of all the resistors.
The problem you could have is the dissipation rating of the SILR package when running all the LED's ON.

What is the LED supply voltage [at the top end of the 330R] , current and LED colour.??

How do you plan to 'control' them.???

Last edited:
Hi Eric, thanks for your answer. Ibought a few SILRs and didn't know what to do with them, since they're supposed to be 330 ohms, and I measured the resistance across each and got 330 for the first one but 658 for the next 7, so I wasn't sure how to wire them.I drive them with 595's at 5v and they're not usually all on, only once in a while. They're not working too hard. l

Hi, when measuring the individual resistance the one probe should be on the common pin or the reference for all. The other one is the one to move. For example if pin1 is the common/reference, you're 1st resistor is at pin1&pin2, followed by pin1&pin3, pin1&pin4 & so on..
You can connect your LED starting at 2, 3, 4 & so-on. Note also for the current capability of your power supply and your driver.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back