Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs lighting an acrylic strip - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lieutenant L

Hi everyone

I did make a thread a few weeks ago for a friend of mine who has now got her electronics sorted :)

I though i had mine sorted until i did 1 thing - measured up the circuit and battery - then measured the casing im putting it in - and it is a very tight fit - very tight :( - please read on and help - im very worried at the moment as i need this complete by the 3rd of march - but i would like to have it done by this weekend hopefully

<<<<<<<<removed>>>>>>>>

In adition to this the clock has a blue LED - being used on an acrylic strip - the light goes up the acrylic and lights it up as you probably know - well this strip is 50 mm by 20 mm

**broken link removed**

I would like to setup a second simple wired circuit ( just switch , battery ( another disc battery ) and an LED ( plus a resistor if needed) that will replace the blue LED being used in the circuit at the moment to make this acrylic light up making the screen backlight
It needs to be a 3 mm LED - and i would prefer it to be green - but i tried a standard 3mm green LED with these specs

**broken link removed**

It was very poor - could you please suggest what type of brightness i should go for as a minimum

Any help is greatly appreciated - as i pretty much need to get this done ASAP

Thankyou
Luke

First: what is the voltage on the third wire? I suspect it is 1.5 volts because the clock runs on 1.5v, 3v is jusst for the buzzer (or the backlight)? Try two 1.5 volt coin cells with the third wire at the center tap.

Hi and thanks- well it turned out that for some reason measurements had been entered incorrectly and i dont need to change the battery now :oops: ( sorry )

However i still need help on the LED backlight so if anyone could please help .........

thankyou
Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back