Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED's and Sequence Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin98TransAm

My Goal
I want to be able to replace the taillighs in my car with LED's I plan on using a Multiple LED array for each taillight. Most likely 100+ per side. These will act as the taillights, brake lights, and blinkers. So here's my delima.
I need to be able to have the LED's at a lower intensity when in "Taillight" mode, and when in "brake light" mode they need to be brighter. Now the tricky part, I'd like to be able to be able to make the LED's flash in sequence in the direction i'm turning. I will have a different 12v Input for each of the 3 functions but how do I wire the LED's to multiple circuits to acheive the desired effect? I was thinking of using a decade counter for the sequence part, is there a way to tell the decade counter to illuminate all the LED's at once? if so this wouldn't be too hard. I dunno, there's many different ways to do this, do you guys have any pointers?

Justin98TransAm said:
yes but most other forums I use the user can delete their own thread :) which makes sense.

I don't believe so! - if you now deleted this thread you would delete two posts of mine, even though they are not of much importance (couldn't really of much less importance!), I don't think you should have the right to do so.

The forum software is PHPBB, it can be configured to allow users to delete threads, but this board (like mine) appears to be configured so only the Administrator can delete threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back