Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED tv power supply problem

replacing the two things will help or not?

• dont know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.. my brand new led tv is burnt due to high voltage.. And i guess it has burnt a capacitor and a circuit breaker.. so if i replace these two, would it help or not???
i have uploaded the photos
plz help me
Photo0150.jpg
Photo0151.jpg
Photo0152.jpg
Photo0153.jpg

Hi mowaisshahid_horticulture

You say brand new TV..why not straight back to who you purchased it from to make use of your Warranty?

Sure there are members here that will see Caps have popped and offer advise...that advise might not be enough though. Maybe more might still be wrong.....

Just asking.

tvtech

Last edited:
If he over-volted it for some reason, that is hardly the manufacturers fault is it?

Claiming such a failure under warranty could be considered as fraud.

JimB

If he over-volted it for some reason, that is hardly the manufacturers fault is it?

Claiming such a failure under warranty could be considered as fraud.

JimB

Hi Jim

Tis true. That's why I brought the whole Warranty thing in :)

I need new glasses. Just edited this and it appears you are correct...the 450V Main smoothing Caps have popped.

I feel really dumb and thick now :banghead:

I am probably my own worst critic....hate it when I screw up :mad:

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Lookie what I found after 17 seconds of googling...
**broken link removed**

OK that's good info skimask...thing is and this is true for SMPS CRT TV PSU'S only that I have dealt with. I am not sure about other TV or Flat Screens out there....okay nobody has confirmed what I saw in the pictures posted....if indeed the two 450V 68uF are swollen/have popped than most probably the Main fuse is open too....main smoothing caps like to go shorted when angry and fed with too much Voltage. And that kind of protects everything after them...as in sustained Voltage overloads. Not spikes. So chances are good all that will be wrong are the angry Caps, maybe a blown Bridge Rectifier, and an open surge resistor before the Bridge....

And such is my experience with thousands of SMPS. All Chinese and all work and blow up the same way.

The best thing for a Tech like me is to open a set...Main Smoothing cap has melted it's "head". Not blown up....but you can see it has bulged on top. Some sets work like this with a Hum bar.

For me a good indication that all is well. Old Main Smoothing Cap has stopped all the possible crap happening everywhere else by going dead short.

But, and I say but.......your SMPS is now faulty...not completely blown up....but does not work anymore. What good is that for anybody out there??

Hence my love of anything other than SMPS.......they have an Evil habit of going bang just when you really need them.

Hence my absolute love of Linear. Not the most efficient...but absolutely the most reliable.

Of course, and I have mentioned this before, Delta Electronics as far as SMPS go have mastered this art....

Problem once again would be that Mains goes sky high.....the integrity of the whole PSU relies on the abilities of the Main Smoothing Cap to handle it....and that is not up to them....

Anyway, out of here. I must eat now.

Love you all

tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back