Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED turn signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

I have a question it's rather simple..

for a say 3 LED on a star board and the car's front headlight uses a dual filament for the turn signal (parking/turn) How would an LED driver work with that since they deliver a constant voltage?

I've been trying to think about this off and on but I can't figure it out if it's doable or not.

I have a question it's rather simple..

for a say 3 LED on a star board and the car's front headlight uses a dual filament for the turn signal (parking/turn) How would an LED driver work with that since they deliver a constant voltage?

I've been trying to think about this off and on but I can't figure it out if it's doable or not.

Are you asking how to go about powering 3 LEDs from the existing turn signal or parking light circuit in your car that wasn't originally designed for LEDs?

Last edited:
not really that but how does one deal with the turn signal when the headlights or parking lights on are on.

Because it blinks like this with the lights on.. Bright, dim, bright, dim..

When the headlights off it's just On, off, on, off

not really that but how does one deal with the turn signal when the headlights or parking lights on are on.

Because it blinks like this with the lights on.. Bright, dim, bright, dim..

When the headlights off it's just On, off, on, off

I still don't understand what you're asking.

if it's a dual filament bulb then just have a few extra LED's light up when that wire gets power...Like have 3 for the turn signal and two for the park light function.

You can just lower the current in the LEDs, and they will dim. You probably want to reduce the current by about 10 times to get a good contrast between the on and the off of the flashing LED.

You could also have the LEDs on low current for sidelights, but always turn the LEDs off in between flashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back