Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED to trigger Stopwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolpro

Hello, I would like to rig a stopwatch to a pool thermostat. When the unit calls for heat, an LED lights up and the boiler fires up.

I want to rig a stopwatch to the LED light so it will start when the LED goes on (boiler fires on) and then the stopwatch stops when the LED goes off (boiler turns off).

This will allow me to keep a running time on the actual BTU's expended so I can calculate the overall cost of heating the pool.

Please assist.

That seems complicated, just hook an electric clock up to the boiler so it only run when the boiler is on. If necessary, hook a relay to the gas valve, assuming gas fired, so you know how long the gas valve is open.
Kinarfi

Maybe just use a pretty standard run time meter the types of which can be found here as an example. That would provide an accumulated time the boiler has run.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back