Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED tachometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Hi everybody, believe it or not I've finally figured out how to program my PICs and have learned assembly language (to some extent:D ). I still haven't finished my book that I bought by John Morton I think is the name.

This project is way over my head as you will soon find out when you look at my .asm, but I had a day off work and was bored. The PIC I'm using is a PIC16F54, which is so far the only PIC I've ever used, I'm aware that its outdated. I know that there is probably a far simpler way of doing this, but I'd rather not worry about that right now as this is more of a learning experience for me. We'll get to that later:D

Basically, this program takes an input on RB7 which will somehow be hooked up to my truck to count the revolutions. I'll give it a nice clean input when I make the circuit, but thats beside the point right now. There will be 28 LEDs, and I will use RA0-RA3 to strobe RB0-RB6, which will be connected to the 28 LEDs

The program should be pretty self-explanitory for you pros, but please ask questions!

Unfortunately I couldn't upload the .asm file so i saved it as .doc

Attachments

• rev counter.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 324
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back