Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED switches white to red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i'm new to the forum but i really really need help on this one. i want to make 2 led strips (1 red, 1 white) and have the white constantly on, and then the white turn off and the red turn on when a second power source is applied similar to the brake lights on a car. essentially its going to be a white license plate light that turns red when i hit the brake, so 1 common ground, 1 power for the white and 1 power for the brake light. i also want to use this to make blinkern bulbs that are constant white and blink amber with the blinkers so please help me. thanks a lot
:D

You can use a simple relay, the white lights are connected to the NC (normaly closed) pin, and the red one to the NO (normaly open) pin. When power is applied to the relay, the white turns off and the red turns on

Hi,

here is your circuit.

The timer circuit takes care of flashing red LEDs. The frequency is set to 2Hz.
Connect a normally open switch to the brake pedal. (You can't use the brake switch, because it switches ground (chassis)).

The white (yellow) LEDs should be activated with the car lights.

Attachments

• PLATE.gif
    PLATE.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back