Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led strip turn signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex1991

Hi all, so before I do some damage to my car I need your advice
I want to install this cool led turn signal strips

https://www.amazon.com/CARLITS-Flexi...s%2C251&sr=8-5

And since there is already a nice gap between hood and light (front and back) and they fit perfectly, but:

When the car is off everything is working perfectly but as soon I turn the engine on the voltage drops down (around 10v) and the strip is not working.

Do you have any ideas about how could I get stable 12v from turn signal. I am thinking to use relay but I am not sure...

did you notice the first thing mentioned in the q&a at bottom of page?
what is the wattage on the original flasher bulb?

my drl flickers when connected - is the module defective ?

Answer:
It's likely your cars PCM doesnt like LED's and you either need a load resistor or you need to wire the running LED into something else. Say the radio fuse wiring. Or you can buy a 10 amp Fuse Tap and wire it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back