Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED status indicator schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakha4

Hi!
It's probably quite trivial for thoose who do electronics everyday but I've serached everywhere without finding a qlear solution to this question :
I have a number of 3 leg bicolor LED's (common cathode) to indicate the status of a pool system.
I want to be able to run the system both manually and from a micro using ON-OFF-ON switche's (2x3 pole's). When in 'auto' mode a low on pin from micro drives a relay via ULN2008 and I want both red and green LED on (yellow) to indicate system in auto mode. Toggle a switch to off state should set relay off and indicate red LED on .When the switch are in the other on position it should indicate manual mode driving the relay, green LED on. Does anyone have a schematic for this or could give me a hint how to.
Any help appreciated
Regards Hucke

I've tried to figure it out myself and came up with this schematic. Can someone just tell me if it's going to produce smoke or that I'm totally wrong.
Red LED on when power on
Red and green in auto mode
Green LED in man mode
Regards Hucke

Attachments

• led_status.jpg
    led_status.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 253
To use the common cathode LED, remember that the cathodes are connected together internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back