Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED sign board design

Status
Not open for further replies.

meysaminter

Hi ,
I want to learn how to build LED sign and displays In various sizes such az 128*32 and ....
Except the usual methods I like to learn and use of new technologies.
can you Introduce me some saits or documents?

Do you want a grid style panel, or a specific word or phrase?
I built four name-in-lights boards over 20 years ago using 555, 4017 and 2N3904 devices. Each transistor drove between four and six LEDs, and the circuit can be modified for a changing flash rate or other lighting requirements. A panel version would have rows and columns of LEDs connected by common polarity in each direction, and will be labour intensive and costly in resources. My signs were built with less than 50 LEDs per sign. I don't know how many signs are still working, I lost track of the recipients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back