Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeygal

I want to build a small LED Scoreboard for a ping pong table. The scoreboard just needs to have a 2 : 2 digit scores. As well, I would like it to say whos serve it is. I need two buttons for each player. One button will increase the score and one will make the serve that persons. As well, on the scoreboard itself, I need a reset button.

This sounds kind of complicated, so Ive attached a drawing of what Im talking about. Honestly, I have no idea where to start on this. I dont really know that much about all of this, and I want to create this but I need it written out in a very simplistic form. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Led light.JPG
    Led light.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 516
I want to build a small LED Scoreboard for a ping pong table. I dont really know that much about all of this, and I want to create this but I need it written out in a very simplistic form.

If you search for scoreboard on this forum you'll see a bunch of examples. There are many approaches, use a microcontroller, build using MSI chips (74LSxxx, 74HCxxx), big displays, little ones, man, it's unending! :)

This is a relatively easy project for the person who knows how to go about it. (Who's going to build this? What's the expertise level of said person? Even with a complete schematic, can the person go buy the parts, build, and troubleshoot it?)

Last edited:
What's the expertise level of said person? Even with a complete schematic, can the person go buy the parts, build, and troubleshoot it?)

I know a bit about chips and such, but generally, I am fairly clueless. I have looked up the designs and I dont really know how to go about doing them. I can go buy the parts easily, but I am not quite sure what to do with the parts. Basically, I either need to figure out how to do this, or what I need to read about in order to understand how to do this.

Post the design you are looking at. We can try and guide you from there.

You will need some basic soldering skills to build it, so if thats a new to you, you might want to practice with some simpler circuits.

curious on this subject.... Id like to make a scoreboard... using 7 seg. 2 teams, 2 digits per side... (XX-XX) single button to increment - reset optional... nothing else necessary - I can solder but beyond that I know nothing about electronics... Im sorry to say if it involves a programmed chip, Ill need to have it done...

help? :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back