Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED resistor IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Fletcher

Okay, I'm a total newb for asking this, but I'm looking for a DIP IC for limiting current to some LEDs. I'd thought for sure I'd seen something like this on dipmicro, and I'm pretty sure they exist but I feel like I'm going nuts trying to search for what I need! Maybe I'm just googling the wrong terms? I just want a compact package for limiting current to individual LEDs or 7-segment displays - somewhere around 400 Ohms. Thanks!

hi Hank,
Are you thinking of DIP resistor networks or an active device?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Just a DIP resistor network like the top one in your PDF. Do you have a component number, or store, or any kind of lead as to where I can find a network with 470 Ohm or so resistors? Sorry for being so daffy about this...

Googling "IC" "network" "resistor" "DIP" in any combination doesn't seem to work, I think the terms are all too generic.

Last edited:
Okay, I lied. I just googled "DIP resistor network," which has got me going in the right direction again. Still, it seems to me that there must be a lot of folks out there using one in the LED resistance range to save space and time working with their mcus and whatnot. Is there are popular (and widely available) favourite, and as a bonus availabe from a Canadian distributor?

Hank Fletcher said:
Okay, I lied. I just googled "DIP resistor network," which has got me going in the right direction again. Still, it seems to me that there must be a lot of folks out there using one in the LED resistance range to save space and time working with their mcus and whatnot. Is there are popular (and widely available) favourite, and as a bonus availabe from a Canadian distributor?

Hi,
Only sources I know are UK based, but does this help as a starter?

https://www.elexp.com/cmp_13d.htm

Hank Fletcher said:
Is there are popular (and widely available) favourite, and as a bonus availabe from a Canadian distributor?

If DipMicro does not have the one you want check DigiKey and DipMicro can get it for you in their weekly bulk DigiKey order.

Note that resistor networks also come in SIP packages. Be sure to look at the pinout as they can vary.

Thanks, both!

3vO: so is DipMicro cool with getting stuff not listed in their inventory from Digikey? I just tried what you suggested and quite easily found the part I was looking for from Digikey. Do I just put the info for the Digikey part in the Parts page on the DipMicro site, and they'll add whatever the cost they figure out to my bill?

Yup, you just go to their page https://www.dipmicro.com/store/parts.php and type the stuff you need, and Roman should get back to you with the actual prices.

It's actually a really neat idea-- the pooling service (especially to us Canadians, Hank!), we just need to increase the popularity of the site so that everyone wins (instead of just us).

-Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back