Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickLee

what kind of sensor would i need to use to make a led light up when it sees movment? i am wanting to try and make and interactive LED panel that light up leds where you touch or move near

A PIR motion sensor is used for burglar alarms. RadioCrap had one that could sense a person or a cat at up to 10m away. It had an awful DING DANG square-waves sound. I modified one to make a smooth ding-dong sine-waves sound.

People made an LED array that uses the LEDs to sense a hand is near then it dims the LEDs near the hand.

Google for "Sharp IR proximity sensors for robot" these are about $10 and sense when a hand is near, they are used in rest-room hand drying air blowers.

The robot guys use them to stop robots bumping in to things. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back