Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobi101

Hey all. Ive got a costume party coming up in 2 weeks and im planning on going as Iron Man :D
Now im looking at buying some LEDs so i can replicate the Arc reactor from the chest. I was wondering whether i can solder the LEDs directly to the batteries or whether i need to have resistors/cables between the batteries and the LEDs. Any advice?

You will need resistors otherwise you'll burn our the LEDs. The type and number of batteries you plan to use will dictate the resistor value you need.

Dont give up so easy. Check this out.

**broken link removed**

The resistors that are pre-soldered are sized for a 12V supply so you can use 8AAs or a 9V(this would work but the LEDs would be dimmer). You might also consider picking up a simple switch from Radio Shack or somewhere so you can turn them on and off. Fell free to ask more questions if you need help.

Ah cool, thanks mate :D.
Don't worry, Im not giving up. This project's getting done, come hell or high water ;)

Last edited:
I hate to keep pushing Instructables here but check out this for your Arc Reactor:
**broken link removed**

Why are Instructables designed by people who know nothing about electronic circuits?
Why is a schematic always missing or hard to find?

Like of the circuits on many electronics sites - just look at Electronics Lab.

The name 'Intstrucables' sounds semi-literate so it's not surprising that you get lots of people who don't know much about electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back