Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED pulse car Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have some awesome blue car twitter and bass speakers which i plan to place in a woodenbox with perspex and would like to have blue pulsing LED all the way around the speakers which will react to the bass line in my music. could some one please find a circuit board or design a quick and easy one that i could use thankyou.

i have some awesome blue car twitter and bass speakers which i plan to place in a woodenbox with perspex and would like to have blue pulsing LED all the way around the speakers which will react to the bass line in my music. could some one please find a circuit board or design a quick and easy one that i could use thankyou.

Look here:
**broken link removed**

Hook the LEDs right to the sub power, with some resistors inline to drop the voltage down to something acceptable for the LEDs. Play a constant tone, like 40-50 Hz at the loudest volume you would ever use it, and check the voltage with a DMM set to AC. Then use that voltage you get to figure out how much resistance to add to your circuit.

can anyone please draw a circuit diagram for me and also include part no. if it helps the car speakers im looking at using just have the standard red and black cables.

You should not use the amplifier to light LEDs because the amplifier might be overloaded and the reverse voltage from the AC from the amplifier will damage the LEDs.

If you adjust the current-limiting resistors so that the LEDs flash brightly without burning out when the volume is as high as it will ever be, then the LEDs will be very dim or will not light when the volume is turned down.

The LEDs need a circuit that has an automatic gain control so that the signal is always at the correct level, lowpass filters it then full-wave rectifies it. Then the DC pulses should drive a peak detector circuit that turn on the LEDs long enough for each bass beat to be seen. Then a power transistor drives the LEDs in series with current-limiting resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back