Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Problems, electronic problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledsales

Greetings Electronics Guru's

I have very little knowledge of LEDs and how they work, so please help me if you can.

I have a 1985 GL1200 GoldWing Motorcycle.

I have added LED replacement Light bulbs in all positions with exceptional results except for 1 problem.

This bike has 4 taillights, 2 in the trunk and 1 in each of the 2 saddlebags.
These are tail/brake only as the turn signals are on a separate circuit.

When I put the LED Bulbs in either the trunk lights (2)
Or in the saddlebags (2) with regular filament bulbs in the other 2 they work fine.

But when I put the LEDs in all 4 the problem starts.

They work fine when you first install them; all 4 taillights work great,
But put the brake on to illuminate the brake lights, all 4 brake lights illuminate but the bottom 2 fail to return to tail light mode,
After releasing the brake the top 2 return to tail light mode but the bottom 2 stay on brake light mode.

The LEDs I am using are SMD type 10 SMD per bulb with 7 5mm LEDs on top

I know the amp draw is very low could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

I dont know where to begin on the redesign, I am used to older vehicles.

power, fuse, switch, light.

is there something else in the line on the newer vehicles?

how about adding a low draw resistor to the main line, will that work?

Im at a loss here, thank you for any help you can provide.

Jim

LEDs are so much more brilliant, use less power from an already stressed charging system on these bikes.
also the safety factor is increased, they are so much nore noticeable than filiment bulbs.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back